יום חמישי, 27 באוקטובר 2011

Potato soup


The world is supposed to divide into summer people and winter people, but to me it seems that most of the time I'm the only winter person around and that most people would rather peel their sunburnt skin off than watch the rain come down.Whatever.I guess that means that I'm the only one who really wants the winter to show up already and stop beating around the bush.Care to join me?The best way to do so is to make a big pot of soup- though, come to think of it, I tried doing that in August and the weather was...well, August-y.In that case, stick to the air conditioning...or eat the soup cold!

This is yet another great recipe from Moms kitchen.I love it because I almost always have the ingredients on hand.Oh, and the main ingredient is potatoes-do I need to say more?

Ingredients:
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of flour
3-4 peeled and cubed potatoes
6 cups of water
half a tablespoon of salt
half a tablespoon of chicken soup powder
black pepper to taste

1. In a big pot, brown the onion in a tiny bit of oil .
2.Sprinkle the flour over the onion and stir until the oil is absorbed into the flour
3.Add the potatoes and water.Cover the pot and lower the flame
4.Cook the soup for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.Add the spices 5 minutes before turning off the flame.

Have a great winter!

אין תגובות: